Search

6/18/2012

How 30 days without Social Media changed my life by Steve Corona

How 30 days without Social Media changed my life by Steve Corona

My goal for giving up social media was to create more value in my life, quit hoarding information, and appreciate the time that I spent with friends. So, full disclosure- I briefly used Facebook and Twitter 5 times during my haitus to pimp blog posts, and I'm okay with that, because it was for the sole purpose of sharing value (and getting more pageviews, duh). What's my plan now? Well, I'm back on social media. It's nice to finally see “that picture that Ryan tagged me in”. But I don't want to go back to my old routine, the new one is so much better. I love creating things- code, art, writing, whatever. I want to keep doing that, because the act of producing, being a maker, has changed my life. If I want to read or post on social media, I will do it consciously and thoughtfully- so I won't be using Twitter or Facebook from my phone. And no more Reddit. Like, it provided absolutely 0 value to me. I love the information diet that I'm on and all I need to do is not plug back in.

沒有留言: