Search

6/03/2013

I had a revelation one day when I realized I didn't have to read everything I found on the Internet.

I had a revelation one day when I realized I didn't have to read everything I found on the Internet.

I say no more often and now I actually have weekends to myself to do things I want to do, like hiking in the Marin Headlands, running 16.6 miles to catch sunset on the beach, getting brunch on Sundays and running into Sir Jony Ive, taking photos or just relaxing. It's pretty neat. I sold or tossed a ton of stuff I didn't need, use or wear. I stopped wearing all those free startup shirts I gathered over the years and moved on to button-ups. I use Laundry Locker to deal with ironing them so I don't spend my Sundays doing this. I buy toothpaste, shampoo and the like in bulk on Amazon so I don't have to remember to make monthly errands. I moved to a slimmer wallet and carry less stuff with me everywhere. I cancelled unnecessary monthly billed services so there's less to think about when I see my statements. I removed apps I didn't use daily from my phone's home screen and deleted ones I didn't use at least once a week. I stopped checking into places on foursquare 10 times a day. I got into a regular workout routine and ran 102 miles this month alone... I would have never had the time or patience to do that if I felt guilty I wasn't working. I've pushed everything else out of the way so I can focus on what I'm doing right now, living life.

沒有留言: